Saturday, June 30, 2007

Day 34-Those who have not seen

My Prayer: Psalm 96:10 (New International Version)
10 Say among the nations, "The LORD reigns."
The world is firmly established, it cannot be moved;
he will judge the peoples with equity.

The Reading: John 20-21
John 20:29 (New International Version)
29Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

My Thoughts: How many times have I said that I wanted to see a sign, something like a burning bush to clearly point the way? The diciples were lucky. They got to see Jesus at work. They got to see miracles and hear first the parables Jesus used to talk. They had daily proof of Jesus as savior and they saw with their own eyes his resurrected body. And they missed it just about every time. Jesus had to explain himself over and over and re-introduce himself to the men who worked and traveled with him. It's good to know that I'm not alone. I probably would have missed what was right in front of my face, too. Of course, we're lucky because Jesus left the Holy Spirit for all of us. So today, we have the Holy Spirit. We're never alone. We don't get to see the miracles performed the way the disciples did but we still get to see God at work in this world through believers.

No comments: