Saturday, June 30, 2007

Day 32-The Way

My Prayer: Psalm 147:5 (New International Version)
5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.

The Reading: John 14-16
John 14:1-4 (New International Version)
Jesus Comforts His Disciples
1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God[a]; trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going."

My Thoughts: Jesus had just told the disciples about how he would be betrayed and they were upset. So Jesus comforted them. This is a crystal-clear picture of what made Jesus different. He loved them, even though he was going to have to die to save them. He wanted them to have hope in his return. He wanted to feel secure that they would be able to find him. Jesus said, "I am the way..." They knew Jesus, they knew how to find him again. I've read this passage at 2 funerals when my heart was completely and totally broken. But here is a reason for joy. I know the way home. They knew the way, too. The way to a permanent home.

No comments: