Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day 29-I Am

My Prayer: Psalm 89:8 (New International Version)
8 O LORD God Almighty, who is like you?
You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you.

The Reading: John 6-8
Exodus 3:14 (New International Version)
14 God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

My Thoughts: Tricky, right? The notes in Bible mention that here, Jesus says over and over "I am..." I think there are seven different places where he says something that starts with this phrase ("I am the light of the world") and at the end of Chapter 8, Jesus says, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!" This is one of the names of Jesus that I've always been interested in. It really captures the eternal and god-like nature of Jesus...always has been, always will be powerful enough to do it...whatever it is. I like the song by Mark Schultz in the box. Check it out.

No comments: