Sunday, June 24, 2007

Day 26-They do not know

My Prayer: Psalm 100:3 (New International Version)
3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his [a] ;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.


The Reading: Luke 23-24
Luke 23:34 (New International Version)
34Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.


My Thoughts: So maybe this is the best example of Jesus praying for sinners. He spoke to his Father on behalf of the people responsible for his crucifixion. In that moment of suffering and pain, he prayed for others, the very people responsible for his suffering. What an example. I don't know why I never thought of Jesus praying for me. He did it on the cross.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"He prayed for others, the very people responsible for his pain and suffering." My preacher spoke on this. He was saying that the only way one can truly heal from hurt and move on, is to pray whole-heartedly for the one who caused the hurt. I still struggle with this and can't bring myself to pray for a certain someone in my life who committed a terrible sin against me. But now you've got me thinking...in God's eye, a sin is a sin is a sin! He doesn't rate my sins according to their level of "badness" so why should I? (By the way, as you can tell, I've pretty much spent the entire evening reading your blog but I can't stop! You're words are just the blessing my heart has needed tonight!) Thanks!