Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Big Time


So you know how you plug along on projects, just being faithful, and sometimes you don't see results? It happens. And then sometimes, you're so surprised at what the hard work of a small group of women can turn up. Actually, God did the heavy lifting. I'm sure of that.

But...it was still some kinda cool to watch this video of Staci Wallace being interviewed on KTHV about the event we're having next week (please come. Tickets are $20 and every bit of what we raise goes to support Marketplace Connection and we've all enjoyed some really great things thanks to this ministry. We want to do more. Please come. I have tickets!!)

And I'm such a small part of this effort that I'm usually just swept along, but when the website flashes on that screen...I built it. Sure, someone with any kind of knowledge could take it and make it hot and someday I hope they will come along and make it into something amazing...but for now, I built it. And that feels good. At first, I was as creeped out as the first time someone far away recognized me from the blog because I realized at that point...someone else is actually reading what you write. Oh, man, that can't be good!

Father, thank you for building this group of women, each with amazing skills and a heart for service...and me. You are producing things in my life through this group that I would never have expected. Thank you for your plans, for already being in the event next week, and in whatever you have in store for us beyond that. Help us find the women you have in place and reach our community for you.

No comments: